I can’t move home. Can I stay on campus?

We recognize that some students (including some international students and students unable to access online instruction) may be unable to return to their permanent residence for various reasons and will need to stay in their residence hall. University Housing has made provisions for students to remain in Housing if needed. To better understand your needs, immediately log in to My UW Housing and submit a COVID-19 Accommodation Request.

Note: while the University will ensure that we have sufficient residence hall rooms available for students who truly have no alternatives, we will need to consolidate housing for all students into specific buildings to minimize staff requirements and free space for other purposes. None of us can predict how long the present situation may last, and students who remain on campus might be here for some time with very limited services.

More information can be found on University Housing’s Moving and Breaks page.

See all FAQs